-
January 14th, 2006, 06:29 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I've just started watching these (thanks--or no thanks--to dianasmom's cute display). We also just finished turning our formal LR into a "library" with new shelves, so I am legitimately in the market for a few bookends. [img]redface.gif[/img]
So--I was wondering what the "going rate" is. There are some BIN store listings for $35 for one, and that seems high.
Also, did they originally come as a lot of 2, or singly?
When did they make/stop making these?
One more question--if anyone has ever shipped these, how much do they cost? Some of the shipping is very high.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 14, 2006 02:31 PM: Message edited by: jenndon ]</font>
-
January 14th, 2006, 06:45 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I have been collecting them too and am only missing Josephina. I have paid anywhere from 20 to 35 dollars for each of them. The box I have that one came in says $7.05 for Priority Mail shipping on it. They are very heavy.
As far as I know, they were sold singly, not as pairs.
I have an extra Kit for sale if you are interested. PM me. I only want what I paid for it (but I have to look that up).
-
January 14th, 2006, 07:11 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Ok--I Pm'd you. Look it up and PM me back. Thanks!
-
January 14th, 2006, 08:11 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I bought one when they were at Hallmark. They only came as singles.
-
January 14th, 2006, 08:38 PM
#5
Inactive Member
They were sold as individuals @ $30 each when they were available from Hallmark.
I have found bin's from 10-25 (some higher but *I* dont go higher) for the ones that I have. S/h runs about $10 for these (they are heavy)
I still need to get Samantha and Josefina.
They are adorable! You'll love them!
Just be patient and you'll find a good deal on them.
Happy hunting!
-
January 15th, 2006, 02:08 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Thanks, I just wanted to know what a fair going price was, so that will help me to set my limits!!
-
January 15th, 2006, 02:54 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I was able to get them all at several local Hallmark's when they were marked 50-75% off. My dd's love them! I have seen them on ebay for $10 but that was in the spring so I am sure they are more now. I hope you find a great deal! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lea
[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
January 15th, 2006, 03:08 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Well, I guess it is one thing that is selling less than the $30 original retail, so that's cool.
They didn't come in a box, did they?
-
January 15th, 2006, 05:03 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Hey Jendon, sorry for being such a bad influence! [img]wink.gif[/img]
Aren't they adorable though? They were only available separately. I thought it would be more fun to have one of each, than 2 of any one of them, so that's what I did. When they were originally available at Hallmark, I used to use my Hallmark Gold Crown coupons towards them. Also one of my local stores regularly ran them at 20% off. So I probably bought 3 of them that way.
Then when Hallmark and AG broke off their relationship, Hallmark starting putting them at anywhere for 30-50-75% off. I bought the remaining ones in all of those brackets. I knew the quality and also knew that I wanted one of each. So if I saw it somewhere I bought it. I had to scour all the local Hallmarks to find them all since the stores are all individually owned, at least around here.
I loved all the Hallmark AG items. I thought they were all very well made. I have the Christmas dress Christmas Ornaments for each girl and give one to Diana for whoever she's getting for Christmas that year. I also have 5 of the snowglobes, I think they made them for Molly, Samantha, Kit, Kaya and Kirsten.
I remember earlier in the year, a lot of the Hallmark stuff was going much cheaper because there was some big Hallmark clearance convention or something that happened in Las Vegas. So if you see them from Vegas maybe those will be cheaper. They are quite heavy as well, so shipping will probably be high. And no, they did not come in boxes.
Good luck in your collecting,
Laurie
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks